Break Up Drain Clogs With Drain Cleaning Machines and Tools
Whether you are a professional plumber or just want to be prepared for any drainage issues in your home, a drain cleaning machine is always helpful. This device can help break apart large clogs and clear out debris that is keeping a pipe from draining. If you’re looking to replace your machine, new and pre-owned drain cleaning machines are available on eBay.
How do you power the machine?
There are a few different ways to move the cable down the drain until it reaches a clog:
- Hand-powered: Some styles have a hand auger that you spin with your hand to move the cable through your drain.
- Drill-powered: You can hook up a standard variable speed drill to the machine, then use the rotational speed of the drill to move the cable.
- Battery-operated: These machines run on batteries so you do not have to move the cable yourself.
- Electrical: These machines work well as long as you have access to an electrical outlet. All you have to do is plug them in and turn them on.
What size lines does a drain cleaning machine clear?
Whether or not the drain cleaning machine will work with any specific type of drain depends on the size of the cable and the auger at the end of the cable. Some drain cleaning machines can fit in small drains, while others are large enough to clean drain lines up to 12cm wide.
How do you pick the right drain cleaning machine?
There are many affordable drain cleaning machines on eBay so you have a lot of choices to select from. Make sure the machine you select matches your needs by considering these factors:
- Capacity: If you plan to use the machine for a specific type of drain, read the seller's description to see cable length and cable size.
- Power options: Think about whether you want to use your own strength to move the cable or use an automatic drain with a battery or electricity.
- Convenience: Do you want a machine that is easy to clean or one that avoids dripping any mess? Check the item's features to see how convenient it is.
- Condition: Used machines are often sturdy enough to deal with a few drain problems, but you may want a brand-new one if you plan on cleaning a lot of drains.
- Budget: Decide how much you want to spend before settling on an option.