Egg cartons are an essential addition to your back garden poultry and waterfowl supplies, giving you a safe container to keep your eggs for storage, delivery or sale to the public. Egg cartons are available in both dozen and half-dozen models, with a whole variety of different colours from which to select.
What Should I Consider When Buying Egg Cartons?
When buying egg cartons to add to your chicken or duck back garden poultry and waterfowl supplies, there are a few things you should consider.
- Firstly, you need to determine whether you want dozen or half-dozen egg cartons, or perhaps a mixture of both.
- If youre looking to reduce your environmental footprint, look for egg cartons made from 100 per cent recycled paper.
- If you want to add your business label to the top of the egg carton, consider which colour is going to help it stand out.
Which Other Uses Are There For Egg Cartons?
In addition to protecting your eggs and providing a convenient means for transporting them, you can use egg cartons for a whole variety of creative purposes.
- Egg cartons are ideal as a seed starter, with the cartons featuring perfectly-sized compartments for getting seedlings growing. Once the seedlings are big enough to transfer into the garden, you can simply cut the individual cups and plant them directly into the soil and they will eventually break down naturally.
- If you want to attract birds to your garden or window, simply tie some string to the corners of the egg carton and place seeds inside, then hang it from a tree or nail.
- You can also repurpose egg cartons as packing material by cutting them into individual cups and lining the bottom or sides of your boxes to protect fragile items.
Which Other Back Garden Poultry Supplies Are Available?
There are a range of other bird supplies that you can purchase for your back garden poultry needs.
- Look for auto chicken feeders and drinking sets to keep your poultry well fed and hydrated.
- Temperature-controlled egg incubators are a great addition for hobby farms looking to hatch more chickens or ducks.
- If you need to reduce your cocks crow due to nearby neighbours, consider a safe and cruelty-free no-crow collar that helps to minimise the volume.