Farm Fencing Wire Mesh
As side from expensive electric fences that can provide more harm to an animal, farm fencing wire mesh is a strong and inexpensive option for protecting your garden, animals or other belongings you need to contain in a specific space. Like all fencing, there are several supplies besides just the wire mesh that you need, and theres a proper way to install the fence as well to ensure its maximum usefulness. Farm fencing wire mesh is several wires welded together. The joints are strong and provide little flexibility. The mesh opening sizes can range from 1/2 by 1/2 up to 6 by 6. The smaller sizes are generally for screens, while the larger sizes are for farms, ranches, parks or construction sites.
How Can I Use Farm Fencing Wire Mesh?
- Swimming pools. Fencing wire mesh goes around swimming pools to prevent children or animals from entering the pools unattended. It is strong enough to hold back children and animals and also keep unwanted guests out of the pool.
- Gardens. Using wire mesh fencing around your garden helps protect your flowers and vegetables from unwanted and hungry critters. It is strong enough to withstand pawing and digging and keeps out many pests.
- Railing safety panel inserts. Wire mesh fencing can serve as railing inserts because of its strength and is able to withstand constant use.
- Large animal fencing. Farms that have large animals like emus, ostriches, alpacas, and horses utilize wire mesh fencing to hold these animals in specific areas. When anchored, the fencing is strong enough to hold the animals back, even with a little nugging from the animals.
- Dog kennels. Many kennels will use mesh fencing to construct multiple dog kennels. The strength along with ease of rigid construction is a perfect combination to hold multiple dogs at a time.
What are Other Fencing Supplies to Consider?
- Stakes/Posts. These will help stabilise your fence as well as create the shape of your fencing by using these posts as placemarkers for corners.
- Premixed Cement. The cement will help anchor your posts and provide a sturdiness into the ground.
- Tie Wires. Tie wires will help secure the fencing to the posts to create a chain of the mesh fencing.