Purchase Quality Sofa Covers, Lounge Covers, and Couch Covers on eBay
Sofas and chairs have a hard life, especially in households with pets and kids. They are often subject to all kinds of abuse, from muddy feet to spilt food and drink. If your sofa or chair is feeling the strain, treat it to a new lease of life with a furniture slipcover.
Furniture slipcovers are all in one elasticated covers for your sofa or armchair that simply pull over the entire piece of furniture and hold in place with anti-slip strips, creating a fresh look. Most slipcovers are machine washable and are easy to take off and clean time and time again.
Not only do these furniture protectors keep your sofa looking newer for much longer, but they are also available in a wide range of colours and designs, so you can change the decor of your living room as often as you like without shelling out big bucks on new furniture.
Are couch covers or slipcovers worth it?
If you invest in a quality couch it will last you a lifetime. You are likely to get tired of the material colour before you tire of the comfort. A couch cover is an excellent way of being able to change the look of the couch to suit a change in décor. Adding a couch cover makes cleaning your couch so much easier, simply remove it and throw it in the washing machine. If you have two unique style couches you can coordinate the furniture by adding a couch cover.
Furniture cover sizes
The sizes of chair slipcovers vary but most are made from polyester and/or spandex and will stretch to fit sofas of any size. Some alternatives are made from plush material for a more luxuriously soft feel. These are designed to fit precisely and may be sectional, so it's important to know the exact dimensions of your furniture.
The stretchy microfiber means that many slipcovers are suitable for use with recliners and separate matching furniture covers can be purchased for ottomans, cushions, and loveseats to fully complete the transformation.
Can you put a couch cover on any couch?
Unfortunately, you can’t use a couch cover on recliners, La-Z-Boy, wingback or camel back couches and chairs. For all other couches and chairs, there are two types of couch covers available on the market today.
- Universal couch cover. These are generally made from a stretchable piece of material that will cover your entire couch. They usually come in plain colours and are amazingly easy to put on.
- Custom covers that are made to order especially for your couch.
So, how do you measure couch covers?
- Start with the length of the couch, from the outside of each arm at the longest point.
- Measure the width. From the front, outside edge to the back corner, continue all the way around along the back to the front outer edge of the other arm.
- Measure the cushions. First the width of the cushions, followed by the height of the cushions.
- Lastly, the full height of the couch from the floor to the highest point of the back.
How do you fit couch covers?
Fitting a couch cover is simple if you follow these steps.
- Place the long side of the cover along the back of the couch with the label side towards the back.
- Then pull the fabric evenly over the couch, pushing the fabric as far down as possible behind the couch cushions and down each side.
- Tilt the couch up, look for the ties. Tie the front and back ties together, followed by the side ties, making sure they are tight.
- Lower the couch, pull the cover tight, pulling all excess material to the back of the couch.
An alternative to an all in one slipcover is a sofa throw. Designed to ‘throw' over the armchair or sofa, covering only the seats, back and arms, these are a quick and easy fix for pet owners and are typically quilted, suede or plush to give maximum comfort whilst being machine washable.
Can you use a fitted sheet as a couch cover?
You could use a fitted sheet for a couch cover. You will need to make some adjustments to it so that it will fit your couch correctly though. If you use a specifically designed couch cover, you will save yourself a lot of time and effort and it will give you a smooth, clean look every time.