The Right Amount Of Light Comes From Downlighters
Having downlights in the home is a trend that has grown exponentially in popularity over the last few decades due to their numerous advantages. Not only do they provide great illumination to ensure individual safety – you can use them as focused lighting in specific areas of the home, such as over kitchen islands or high traffic hallways. But they are also great to highlight focal points, such as artworks. When you’re shopping for downlights, you’ll find plenty of variety online.
More about home downlighters
Modern downlights provide a plethora of options for your living area, whether it is open-plan or divided into multiple rooms. They can repair unsightly ceiling defects, which are especially prevalent in older, restored homes. Because they can be flush with the ceiling surface and have a minimalist appearance, they may be a suitable lighting alternative for low ceilings, achieving the desired impression.
In many instances, a beautiful design requires a focal point, and recessed downlights are great for emphasising these components. It makes no difference if the work of art is pricey or a collection of family snapshots. Downlights allow them to be shown in soft, concentrated lighting rather than in dark corridors or obscured by powerful light reflecting off the glass. In addition, downlights provide primary illumination – one that highlights their natural characteristics – which is especially good for bookcases and conspicuous pieces of furniture.
Downlights can be combined with pendant lighting and lamps to create a cohesive, one-of-a-kind, and aesthetically pleasing design moment in any room. In addition, incorporating downlights and a dimmer enables you to adjust the level of illumination to the occasion.
What are the benefits?
These lights are sunken into the ceiling – but they emit a bright, focused beam. The globes are usually made using the latest technologies, and they are built to be long-lasting, durable, and energy-efficient. Depending on your choice of lights, they may be dimmable, which means you'll be able to alter the brightness quickly. In addition, it is possible to put these lights into dimly light areas of the home. LED home downlights, in particular, are more energy-efficient than traditional downlights, converting more energy to light and generating less heat, resulting in a cleaner atmosphere. Other benefits include:
- Task Lighting: Downlights take up less space due to their efficient design. Modern downlights can be employed as functional task lights in parts of the home where clear, bright light is required. They can be used in dimly lit spaces within a bedroom closet or under the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry benches and cupboards. To fit any application, choose from fixed or adjustable downlights.
- Mood lighting: You can easily alter the brightness of many modern downlights because they are dimmable. As a result, they can be used as beautiful ambient lighting to set the mood in any room. Downlights, both fixed and adjustable, would work well here.
Because of their low power usage, modern downlights are immensely popular. Compared to other bulbs, such as halogen and incandescent, modern downlights or LED downlights use less electricity while producing high-quality clean light. This is thanks to their ability to transform energy into light, resulting in lower energy use and a more hygienic atmosphere.
Considerations when buying downlights
The first thing you need to ask yourself is – how many downlights do you need? You can figure this out with the following steps:
- Calculate the room's square footage by multiplying its width by its depth.
- Take this square footage and multiply it by 1.5. This will provide an estimate of the total watts required to illuminate the space. For instance, if your kitchen measures 15 feet by 18 feet, the total square footage is 270. Multiply this value by 1.5 to obtain the total wattage required to illuminate your space, which is 405.
- Decide on the bulb and wattage to use. Divide the total wattage previously computed, in this case, 405 watts, by the bulb wattage you intend to use to determine the required number of fixtures.
Remember, if you're buying multiple lights, you might prefer to stick to LED bulbs. LED bulbs have a lot of benefits over regular bulbs, including:
- They consume around 85% less energy than halogen or incandescent lights
- You can enjoy energy savings of up to 30% when compared to CFL lights
- Budget and maintenance expenditures are reduced
- Up to 10,000 to 15,000 hours of use
- Increased luminance
- They are also dimmable
So, you can save money, the environment, and maintenance costs, even if you use them for hours every day.
When you’re shopping on eBay for downlights, you can find a full range of styles, wattage and colours available. There are various prices and you can shop locally or internationally You can also opt for Click and Collect with some sellers, and use Afterpay if you want to buy now, pay later.