Shop by Category
Shop by Brand
Hot This Week
- Spotted Gum Feature Grade Decking 135x19mmAU $5.50650 sold
- white shell mosaic mother of pearl kitchen backsplash bathroom wall shower tileAU $17.0020 sold
- Tic Tac Tiles® - Premium 3D Peel & Stick Wall Tile in Subway White(10 sheets)AU $58.9016 sold
- Volcano Basalto Spanish Porcelain Tile 150x150mmAU $15.0015 sold
- Tic Tac Tiles® - Premium 3D Peel & Stick Wall Tile in Como Marrone(5 sheets)AU $29.9515 sold
- 12mm Laminate Flooring/ Timber looking Floating Floor planks: Colour- KempasAU $16.8015 sold
- Forbes Encaustic look tilesAU $49.0014 sold
- 600x300mm RETREAT MIDNIGHT LAPPATO (SEMI-POLISHED) PORCELAIN FLOOR & WALL TILEAU $18.0012 sold
Make an Offer
You may also like
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
Before starting on any home renovation project, there are certain things that need to be prepped. When it comes to flooring and tiling jobs, prepping correctly is absolutely essential. Flooring and tiles do not come cheap. Failing to prep – or prepping incorrectly – can mean all the money invested is simply a waste. Cracked tiles, squeaky floors, uneven surfaces – no one wants those. What’s the solution? Before starting a job – whether it’s laying laminate in the kitchen, hardwood in the living room, or tiles in the bathroom – find out what needs to be done before investing in materials. When laying flooring or tiles, the surface needs to be prepped for the material being placed on it. That means making sure the surface is flat, that’s it’s strong and sturdy, and that it doesn’t slope up or down in any sections. Sort out any of these problems before even thinking about laying tiles or flooring. Sloping floors may mean issues with the foundations of the house, or with the sub-floor. Correct the problem, or it may mean ripping up the new flooring to fix the issue later on. It can also be a good idea to look at trims and skirting boards. Will they match the new flooring? Will they sit at the right height with the new flooring in place? Replacing or painting the trims and skirting boards may be part of the flooring or tiling job.
Choosing the right flooring will often come down to personal taste – and budget. While wood flooring can look fantastic and last for decades, it’s usually not that cheap. Laminate and vinyl flooring can offer an affordable alternative, with many styles, colours and finishes to choose from. Tiles can offer another alternative still, whether used as flooring throughout the house, or on walls in rooms such as the kitchen, bathroom and laundry. Floor and wall tiles also come in a vast range of styles, sizes, colours and finishes, with options that range from budget to blow-the-budget. When it’s time to start shopping, eBay is the place to be. Featuring a massive selection of building materials and DIY essentials, eBay has everything from flooring underlay to flooring and tiling accessories. Choose from brands such as Armstrong and Elegance, Gerflor and Marazzi, to discover an amazing range of flooring options to suit all budgets and tastes.