From Tactical To Kitchen, There’s Knives For All Purpose
Every cook, pro or home, knows exactly how important a great set of knives is. A sharp blade makes chopping vegetables a cinch. Of course, this is why you should invest in a knife sharpener as well. When your blades are kept in good shape, you reduce the risk of injury in the kitchen. A great knife will give you total control over the task at hand, whether it's chopping, deboning or dicing. There's a knife built for just about every task in the kitchen, and investing in a high-quality set will make working in the kitchen a dream come true. eBay has a full range of knives available.
Types of knives
Here are just a few of the knives you’ll find online.
- Chef’s knife: A long, straight edged blade. It has a wide heel area, so it can withstand more pressure during heavy-duty chopping activities, such as cutting potatoes.
- Utility knife: It is narrow, with a sharp tip that tapers towards the spine. It is ideal for tasks that require greater precision.
- Paring knife: Short, thin, and equally proportioned, it has a sharp tip and is useful for cutting, chopping, and slicing fruits and vegetables.
- Bread knife: The blade is long and regularly spaced, but it also includes a serrated edge for cutting bread.
- Carving knives: Long and narrow, with a pointed tip, this knife is used for carving meats and vegetables. It produces thin, even slices with perfect presentation.
- Butcher knives, such as cleavers, have a blade that is flat and rectangular in shape. They come in various sizes.
- Boning knife: A thin, sharp blade with a delicate, pointed tip, this knife is used to cut through tough cuts of meat.
Whether you are looking for the perfect butcher knife, cleaver, or a simple set of steak knives, you will find a wide range of options available to shop online. Once you have chosen the perfect knives from eBay, be sure to look in knife blocks and storage, as well as scissors and shears. Sometimes, a quick snip is a much simpler way to prepare meat for the barbecue, which allows your knives to tackle all the rest of your barbecue prep.