Mens Baseball Caps
Baseball hats were originally invented to keep the sun out of American baseball players eyes but quickly became a mens style staple around the world. Easy to wear, versatile and available in a huge range of styles and colours, there is space for one in anyones wardrobe.
Which Materials Can I Choose From?
Baseball caps can be made from a lot of different materials.
- A lot of modern baseball caps are made from polyester. This applies to casual baseball hats as well as hats for athletes, which are often made from polyester-based performance fabrics.
- Cotton and cotton blends are lightweight, breathable and washable, making them popular hat-making materials.
- The first baseball caps were made from wool. Wool is still sometimes used to make ball caps today, usually for retro designs.
- Mens trucker hats combine solid front panels with mesh backs for extra ventilation.
What Different Types of Baseball Caps Are There?
The basic shape of a baseball cap has always been the same, but they can be made in a few different ways.
- Mens snapback hats fasten up at the back using a pair of straps that click together using plastic snaps. This is a very common style of hat and, unless your head is unusually big or small, a fairly safe way to get the right fit.
- Mens fitted baseball caps are a very traditional option. They arent adjustable but they are made in different sizes, unlike snapbacks and strapbacks which tend to be one size fits all. Fitted caps made from stretch material are more forgiving if you dont know your exact size.
- Strapback hats have an adjustable strap at the back. They arent as common as snapbacks but they can be fastened to exactly the right fit because they dont rely on pre-made holes.
- Most baseball caps are made from six cloth panels, but they are also sometimes made using five or seven panels for a slightly different look.
Do Mens Baseball Caps Come in Different Designs?
- Solid colours are an easy and versatile choice for men. There are cool baseball caps in any colour you can think of.
- Baseball caps started out as athletic wear and licensed caps with team logos on them are still very popular.
- Sports arent the only source of baseball cap designs. That big front panel is the perfect place to put a picture or logo and many different brands and designers have used it as their canvas.