Men's Bow Ties
The men's bow tie is one of the world's oldest fashion accessories, dating back to the 17th century. Modern bow ties come in a much wider variety since these early days and can now use materials like silk, satin, cotton, polyester, and leather. Offering a unique look to the necktie, these men's ties are ideal for all occasions from weddings to costume parties, and there are many different styles to choose from. Both new and used bow ties are available from eBay sellers, some even in vintage or antique condition, with countless colours and patterns to choose from.
Are There Different Types of Bow Ties?
Bow ties can generally divide into a few different areas depending on how you tie them on the wearer. These are some terms you might expect to see when choosing a bow tie that relates to how you wear them:
- Self-tied bow tie: A self tied bow tie, or an untied bow tie, allows the user to tie up the bow themselves completely.
- Clip on bow tie: Clip on bow ties feature a small clasp mechanism that hooks the bow tie up around the collar. Some clip on bow ties feature no band at all and simply clip onto the front of the shirt.
- Pre-tied bow tie: These are bows that are already together and are ideal for beginners who want to get the perfect bow every time.
- Adjustable bow tie: An adjustable bow tie works for all types of attire from casual to professional.
What Styles of Bow Tie Are There?
Bow ties were traditionally for a certain class of man, but today they are quite varied in their style and purpose. Men's bow ties now come in many different styles, including:
- Costume bow ties: These themed ties can feature everything from Christmas patterns to clown polka dots.
- Coloured bow tie: Although bow ties are generally thought of as black and simple, there are now ties available in every colour to suit whatever you might be wearing.
- Formal bow tie: A formal bow tie is better for events like weddings and operas, and features a simple design with quality materials like you'd see on silk ties or similar.