Men's Leather Messenger Shoulder Bags
Leaving the house with keys, phone, wallet and other important bits and pieces is all good and well but where are you going to put them? Ladies have the luxury of using a handbag but in this day and age, men need a good bag too. A great choice for men is to use a messenger or shoulder bag or men's satchel bag, which you wear across your body or hanging from one shoulder. This type of bag allows you carry all your daily items with you while still looking masculine. Men's shoulder bags come in different materials including canvas and nylon, but leather is the most professional and smart looking.
Are There Different Styles of Leather Messenger and Shoulder Bags?
Messenger bags for men come in a range of styles and sizes with varying numbers of pockets. Some of the styles include:
- Briefcase: A leather briefcase shoulder bag often has a retro briefcase look along with a frontal flap and one or more buckle straps. This type of men's shoulder bag is perfect for taking to the office when you have a few extra bits to carry with you.
- Laptop: A leather laptop shoulder bag will have a designated pocket for your laptop along with space for cables, chargers and your personal belongings.
- Satchel: A leather satchel bag is similar to a briefcase bag and has two vertical straps for the buckles that close the bag. There is usually a handle at the top if you don't want to wear it on your shoulder.
- Saddle bag: Saddle bags are like satchels but have more outer pockets for storing small things like keys, phone and wallet.
Why is Leather a Good Choice for a Messenger or Shoulder Bag?
Leather is generally more expensive than other materials, but that investment comes with its advantages.
- Timelessness: People the world over have been using leather for centuries, and it never goes out of fashion.
- Style: Leather looks elegant, and it has a certain smell that oozes luxury.
- Durability and strength: While leather by itself is a very durable material, manufacturers treat leather before making goods so that it lasts even longer. Leather is partially waterproof and keeps its quality over time.