Nintendo Wii Video Games
Since its release in 2006, the Nintendo Wii has garnered a sizeable following mainly because of its unique wireless control system and enjoyable selection of games. The system is comprised of the main console, which has a number of standard ports, such as USB, the typical console buttons for turning it on, and the unique Wii Remote and IR receiver bar whose configuration at the time was peculiar to the Nintendo System. As usual with Nintendo consoles, many of the brand's most beloved games were released exclusively for it, and using its unique but simple control system, many have adored its vast library of fun and endearing games. From party titles to action, adventure, and horror games, you'll find a diversity of deeply engaging games that will please collectors and families alike.
What are some notable gameplay features of Wii games?
- Precise Aiming: The Wii console allows for precise aiming and menu navigation controls because of its use of IR technology to simulate the effect of controlling the cursor accurately with the tip of your remote. This gives you an edge in a number of shooting games. This, coupled with their various light gun attachments like the Wii Magnum Gun, you'll find yourself a natural at slinging lead at the enemy hordes.
- Tilt Controls: The Wii Remote is able to utilise tilting motions via a gyroscope installed within. It allows for additional avenues for gameplay controls, such as environment manipulation and quicktime events. Racing games also benefit from this feature with racing wheels.
- Four-Player Co-op: Many Wii games take advantage of the system's capability for four-player co-op. Just press the sync button under the battery lid and you're ready for some wacky gameplay with the party.
Which titles are worth collecting?
- The Legend of Zelda Games: This franchise contains the brand's most famous titles. Try out The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess to play as the protagonist Link as he ventures into a Hyrule with a darker and more ominous tone. He is a young man who has the power to transform into a wolf, which has unique abilities like dashing, howling, biting and digging, along with being able to communicate with the local fauna for additional information.
- Super Mario Games: Mario Party, Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. are some of the best-loved Mario games for the Wii. Enjoy seamless, hectic and memorable gameplay experiences as you platform your way through the most well-known worlds in gaming history.