Shop by Brand
Save on Other Automotive Shop Equipment
- RAPTOR BY U-POL UPOL BLACK BED LINER KIT 2 PACK URETHANEAU $76.00Trending at AU $89.64
- DEVILBISS STARTING LINE SLG-G620 2.0MM GRAVITY SPRAY GUN AND 600ML POT BRAND NEWAU $150.00Trending at AU $151.82
- PDR Paintless Hail Removal Dent Repair Lifter Puller Rods Tabs Kits Hammer ToolsAU $124.55Trending at AU $161.15
- Jamec Pem Dial Gauge Inflator 50 mm Clip On Chuck - 02.0135AU $79.00Trending at AU $80.86
- RACEWORKS TEFLON HOSE FITTING AN-6 90 Deg RWF-203-06BKAU $21.84Trending at AU $23.83
- FIBREGLASS REPAIR KIT FOR AUTOMOTIVE MARINE PANEL BODY KITS REPAIR EXTRA 250mlAU $41.90Trending at AU $82.48
- HICHEM MOTOSPRAY 1L DARK BLUE TRAILER AUTO ENAMEL PAINT METAL HAMMERCOATAU $28.10Trending at AU $29.82
- 50Pcs 120 Grit 2 inch Roloc Roll Lock Sanding Discs for Polishing Abrasive F5B0AU $11.24Trending at AU $12.23
- Rupes 47105AU $17.47 New
Limited Time Deals
- T-REX 1300W 800KG Electric Hoist WinchAU $169.00was -AU $439.00 | 61% OFF
- T-REX 1000KG Electric Hoist WinchAU $209.00was -AU $599.00 | 65% OFF
- T-REX 800kg Electric Hoist Winch CraneAU $379.00was -AU $1,099.00 | 65% OFF
- T-REX 250KG Electric Hoist WinchAU $119.00was -AU $279.00 | 57% OFF
- BAUMR-AG 20 Tonne Hydraulic Shop PressAU $159.00was -AU $349.00 | 54% OFF
- T-REX 1500Kg High Lift Farm JackAU $99.00was -AU $249.00 | 60% OFF
Hot This Week
- Car PDR Paintless Dent Puller Lifter Hammer Hail Remove Glue Gun Repair Tool KitAU $55.794 left
- PDR Dent Puller Paintless Hail Removal Tools Bridge Pulling Kits Auto Body SetAU $15.748 left
- GIANTZ Electric Hoist Winch 125/250KG Rope Lifting Tool Remote Chain Lift CableAU $99.0015 sold
- New BAUMR-AG 10 Tonne Hydraulic Shop Press Workshop Jack Bending Stand H-FrameAU $139.0011 sold
- DEVILBISS SGK 600 1.4 Gravity Spray Gun HVLP paint shopAU $199.0011 sold
- RUPES SSPF SS70 SSCA SANDER BRUSHES 47.45AU $20.5511 sold
- Paint Spray Gun Holder Stand for Gravity Feed Cup HVLP Booth Wall Mount HookAU $4.1510 sold
- 1xUniversal Trolley Floor Jack Disk Rubber Pad For Pinch Weld Side JACKPAD BlackAU $2.799 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
Make an Offer
- New BAUMR-AG 10 Tonne Hydraulic Shop Press Workshop Jack Bending Stand H-FrameAU $139.00Free postageMake Offer
- Auto/ Vehicle Fender Guard Roller Lip Reforming Rolling Expander ToolAU $67.00+AU $7.00 postageMake Offer
- DEVILBISS SGK 600 1.4 Gravity Spray Gun HVLP paint shopAU $199.00Free postageMake Offer
- 2000Lb -900kg Capacity Engine Load Leveler/ Leveller Lifting BalanceAU $39.00+AU $10.00 postageMake Offer
Lifting Out an Engine with a Hydraulic Crane
Fixing up an old car or doing your own repairs is a fun hobbies that saves you money. Taking out the engine can be a big job, but it's also rewarding–especially if you are putting in an even better one. Remember, engines are heavy and removing them can be dangerous, so go to a professional if you aren't confident in what you are doing. If you need to buy a car hoist before you get started, many vendors sell them on eBay.
Get the Hydraulic Crane Ready
First, you need to make sure that your hoists has a weight rating that is above the weight that you will be lifting. If it isn't, you will need a different hoist. Trying to do it with an unsuitable hoist can damage your vehicle or injure someone.
Put the engine lifting arm down, then move the hydraulic crane into place above the middle of the engine. Check each part of your hoist to make sure it is in good condition. This includes the chain and the arm.
Attach the Lifting Points on the Engine
Engines will have anchor points or lifting eyes that you can attach the sling to. If there are lifting eyes, attach the sling with chain hooks or D shackles. If you have to use bolts instead, make sure that you use the correct size. Screw them until the sling is tight with the engine. Put the hoist under the sling's centre.
Raise the Engine
When you are ready, pull up the engine by just a few centimetres at first. Take this chance to check that everything is safely attached. Use the hydraulic crane to raise the engine and slowly pull it out. Once it is out, slowly manoeuvre the hoist until you can put it down somewhere safely.
Be aware that this is a dangerous job that can result in damage or injury. If you aren't confident, take it to a qualified mechanic. They will have the proper tools, partss and experience to get the job done safely.