Shop by Brand
Save on Other Automotive Shop Equipment
- RAPTOR BY U-POL UPOL BLACK BED LINER KIT 2 PACK URETHANEAU $76.00Trending at AU $89.49
- Jamec Pem Dial Gauge Inflator 50 mm Clip On Chuck - 02.0135AU $79.00Trending at AU $80.73
- New Pneumatic Air Suction Kit Car Auto Body Dent Puller Set Remover Slide HammerAU $57.99Trending at AU $58.59
- Wall Bench Mount Hook Booth Cup Gravity Feed Paint Spray Gun Holder Stand HVLPAU $2.39Trending at AU $2.96
- 6Pcs Car Aluminum PDR Glue Pulling Puller Tabs Paintless Dent Hail Repair ToolsAU $10.49Trending at AU $12.03
- RACEWORKS TEFLON HOSE FITTING AN-6 90 Deg RWF-203-06BKAU $21.84Trending at AU $23.79
- HICHEM MOTOSPRAY 1L DARK BLUE TRAILER AUTO ENAMEL PAINT METAL HAMMERCOATAU $28.10Trending at AU $31.34
- 50Pcs 120 Grit 2 inch Roloc Roll Lock Sanding Grinding Discs for Polishing E9F1AU $11.80Trending at AU $12.21
- Rupes 47105AU $17.44 New
Limited Time Deals
Hot This Week
- Car PDR Paintless Dent Puller Lifter Hammer Hail Remove Glue Gun Repair Tool KitAU $56.994 left
- PDR Dent Puller Paintless Hail Removal Tools Bridge Pulling Kits Auto Body SetAU $15.747 left
- New BAUMR-AG 10 Tonne Hydraulic Shop Press Workshop Jack Bending Stand H-FrameAU $139.0020 sold
- DEVILBISS SGK 600 1.4 Gravity Spray Gun HVLP paint shopAU $199.0011 sold
- Polyester Fiber Paint Spray Booth Filter Draught Fan Air Filter 39"x39" InchAU $8.7910 sold
- FARECLA 1KG G3 CUTTING COMPOUND PASTE BUFFING BUFF DETAILING CAR AUTO POLISHINGAU $36.0010 sold
- Caramel Wheel / Pinstripe Remover Wheel - adhesive tape pin stripe removalAU $14.9910 sold
- Car Vehicles Slotted Frame Hydraulic Floor Jack Rubber Pad Kit Black Rubber 1pcAU $4.099 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
Make an Offer
- New BAUMR-AG 10 Tonne Hydraulic Shop Press Workshop Jack Bending Stand H-FrameAU $139.00Free postageMake Offer
- DEVILBISS SGK 600 1.4 Gravity Spray Gun HVLP paint shopAU $199.00Free postageMake Offer
- Auto/ Vehicle Fender Guard Roller Lip Reforming Rolling Expander ToolAU $67.00+AU $7.00 postageMake Offer
- 2000Lb -900kg Capacity Engine Load Leveler/ Leveller Lifting BalanceAU $39.00+AU $10.00 postageMake Offer
- Caramel Wheel / Pinstripe Remover Wheel - adhesive tape pin stripe removalAU $14.99Free postageMake Offer
Lifting Out an Engine with a Hydraulic Crane
Fixing up an old car or doing your own repairs is a fun hobbies that saves you money. Taking out the engine can be a big job, but it's also rewarding–especially if you are putting in an even better one. Remember, engines are heavy and removing them can be dangerous, so go to a professional if you aren't confident in what you are doing. If you need to buy a car hoist before you get started, many vendors sell them on eBay.
Get the Hydraulic Crane Ready
First, you need to make sure that your hoists has a weight rating that is above the weight that you will be lifting. If it isn't, you will need a different hoist. Trying to do it with an unsuitable hoist can damage your vehicle or injure someone.
Put the engine lifting arm down, then move the hydraulic crane into place above the middle of the engine. Check each part of your hoist to make sure it is in good condition. This includes the chain and the arm.
Attach the Lifting Points on the Engine
Engines will have anchor points or lifting eyes that you can attach the sling to. If there are lifting eyes, attach the sling with chain hooks or D shackles. If you have to use bolts instead, make sure that you use the correct size. Screw them until the sling is tight with the engine. Put the hoist under the sling's centre.
Raise the Engine
When you are ready, pull up the engine by just a few centimetres at first. Take this chance to check that everything is safely attached. Use the hydraulic crane to raise the engine and slowly pull it out. Once it is out, slowly manoeuvre the hoist until you can put it down somewhere safely.
Be aware that this is a dangerous job that can result in damage or injury. If you aren't confident, take it to a qualified mechanic. They will have the proper tools, partss and experience to get the job done safely.