Shop by Interface
Shop by Brand
- Western Digital Red WD80EFZX 8TB 3.5-Inch NAS Hard DriveTrending PriceAU $445.14 New
- Crucial Mx300 1tb SATA 2.5" Internal SSDTrending PriceAU $393.59 New
- Crucial Mx300 2.5" 275gb SATA III TLC Internal SSDTrending PriceAU $130.53 New
- Seagate 4tb Blue Backup Plus 2.5 Portable Hard Drive STDR4000302Trending PriceAU $209.41 New
- Western Digital Blue WD20EZRZ Desktop Internal Hard Drive SATA 6GB/S 64MB 3.5-InchTrending PriceAU $97.65 New
- 8x 2.5" IBM Server HDD Caddy Tray Sled 44T2216 for System X and BLADECENTERTrending PriceAU $35.03 New
Limited Time Deals
Hot This Week
- New 2ND SSD HDD HARD DRIVE caddy for dell M6400 M6500 M4700 M6600 M4800 M6800AU $10.994 left
- ULN2003AN ULN2003 Stepper Motor Driver Board Module 28BYJ-48 5V 12V ArduinoAU $1.005 left
- 2.5 SATA/SAS HDD Hard Drive Tray Caddy For HP Proliant 378343-002 G5 G6 ML350AU $5.699 left
- L9110S H-bridge Stepper Motor Dual DC Motor Driver Controller Module For ArduinoAU $1.0013 sold
- 80GB 2.5" IDE PATA Hard Drive HDD for Laptop Notebok 5400rpm 8 MB Hitachi TypeAU $18.146 sold
- Case Logic Portable External Hard Drive GPS Storage Carry Case Black PHDC1AU $21.994 sold
- WESTERN DIGITAL 2TB RED NAS HARD DRIVE SATA 3 6Gbs 3.5" 3 YEARS WARRANTY NEWAU $129.003 sold
- Toshiba Canvio Connect II 3TB 2.5" USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive BlackAU $172.002 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You may also like
Make an Offer
- HP / Seagate Cheetah 300Gb 15k 15000 RPM 3.5" HDD ST3300655FCAU $15.00Free postageMake Offer
- 80GB 2.5" IDE PATA Hard Drive HDD for Laptop Notebok 5400rpm 8 MB Hitachi TypeAU $18.14Free postageMake Offer
- HP 36Gb 15k 2.5" SAS 431930-001 9MA066-033 - FREE ShippingAU $14.99Free postageMake Offer
- EMC VNX5300 8x 600GB 15K 2x 200GB SSD FLASH 5x 600GB 10K SAS Working SystemAU $6,900.00Free postageMake Offer
- New Dell Compellent 1.92TB 12G SAS SSD Enterprise Plus 1NFN7 MZILS1T9HCHP SC4020AU $1,900.00Free postageMake Offer
Looking for storage space? An external hard drive can provide the perfect solution. But which one is best? As technology advances, data storage devices change over time. Where people may have used floppy disks and CDs to store data in the past (and some people still do), technology now offers a much wider range of options. While USB flash drives are perfect for storing smaller amounts of data, and are portable enough to be carried almost anywhere, for larger data storage needs, external hard drives can be a better option. When choosing between external hard drives, there are various choices to be made, depending on the type of device required – and the allowable budget. HDD and SSD are two of the most common options to choose from. Both the hard drive (HDD) and solid state drive (SSD) are data storage devices. Both use non-volatile memory (NVM) – a kind of long-term data storage that retains information even when the device is not receiving power. But how they store, read and write data is different.
Because of the way it is designed, a HDD will often offer a higher data storage capacity. Standard HDDs that provide a few terabytes’ worth of storage are not difficult to find. An SSD, however, usually offers lower data storage capacity – at a much higher price. Why is it more expensive? Some people believe that because it has no moving parts – being a solid state drive – an SSD is less likely to fail than an HDD. An SSD is also much faster. When it comes to technology, faster usually equals better. What about NAS? NAS – or Network Attached Storage – is used to store data, and share it between devices. How does this work? A NAS system plugged into a Wi-Fi router or network allows various devices on that network to access the data held within the system. That could mean watching saved movies or listening to saved music. Interested? Whether it’s a HDD or SSD, or even a NAS system, eBay is the place to go to compare options. Check out big brands such as Dell, HP, Samsung, Seagate and Western Digital, to find a massive range of brand new and used options.