Shop by Featured Refinements
Save on Other Livestock Supplies & Equipment
- AUTOMATIC WATER TROUGH STAINLESS STEEL SHEEP DOG CHICKEN COW AUTO FILL BOWLAU $37.95Trending at AU $40.76
- Cattle Livestock Metal Goat Ear Tag Animal Tool Plier Forcep Applicator+1 Pc PinAU $13.93Trending at AU $18.49
- Ear Mark Applicator Veterinary Instruments Tool For Animal Cow Sheep X9C6AU $10.70Trending at AU $11.12
- 100 Sets Yellow Ear Tag With 1-100 Number for Cow Cattle Large LivestockTrending PriceAU $29.17 New
- 10ml Continuous Drench Gun Sheep Oral & Pour on Animal Livestock Husbandry LTrending PriceAU $18.53 New
- Enduring 10pcs Chicken Plucker Fingers Poultry Duck Goose Feather PluckingTrending PriceAU $9.42 New
- Hive Tool in Polished Stainless Steel Accessory for Beekeeping Silver G1b7 T7e1Trending PriceAU $4.50 New
- CS 3x Ear Mark Applicator Veterinary Instruments Tool for Animal Cow Sheep X9c6Trending PriceAU $11.12 New
- 10pcs Refined Horn Pin Queen Larvae Rearing Implement Beekeeping Grafting ToolTrending PriceAU $3.05 New
- 5 Pcs Water Nipple Drinker Chicken Supplies Hen Screw WS Wsd7Trending PriceAU $1.68 New
Hot This Week
- Automatic Water Trough for Sheep Horse Dog Chicken Cow Bowl Plastic Auto FillAU $35.507 left
- Electric Hand Cattle Prod Beef Dairy Dogs Sheep Battery Power Prodder AnimalsAU $33.4510 left
- Bee Honey Lattice Produce Box Bee Hive Frame Beehive Beekeeping Tool EquipmentAU $2.9940 sold
- 44 gallon drumsAU $15.0027 sold
- 26cm Stainless Steel Bee keeper "J" Shape Hive Tool Beekeeping Hook Scraper NewAU $4.5515 sold
- ACCUSHARP KNIFE & TOOL SHARPENER ACCU1 NEW U.S.A ORIGINAL ACCUSHARPAU $21.9511 sold
- Kid Goat Coats - Woolovers To keep your newborn kids warm *5153*AU $13.9510 sold
- Cattle Prodder Battery Charged Cow Prod Animal Deterrent LivestockAU $27.4010 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
Make an Offer
- Grundfos SQF 2.5-2N Solar powered submersible pumpAU $3,350.00Free postageMake Offer
If you're a farmer and you have cattle, you will know just how important it is to regularly drench your cows to keep worms and parasites at bay. Most farmers will drench their cattle once every six weeks using either an oral cattle drench or a pour on cattle drench. Many farmers buy pour on cattle drench as it is cheaper and easier to apply. You may need livestock suppliesto help with the application.
How much do I need?
The number of doses you can get from each container will change depending on the weight of your animals. The recommended dose rate is usually 1mL/10kg of bodyweight. However, you should always check the recommended dose rate of each product with the seller or manufacturer.
What type of drench?
There are two types of drenches available on the Australian market and these include White Drenches and Mectin Drenches.
White Drenches are an older product and have active ingredients such as albendazole and fenbendazole. These are given orally which can be difficult to administer and less effective. Some farmers may choose to use low concentrate oral white drenches with a strong pour on cattle drench.
Mectin Drenches or ML's are one of the most common cattle drenches. They are so popular because they are effective at treating internal worms as well as treating external parasites such as ticks or lice. The active ingredients to look for if you want to buy a Mectin Drench are Ivermectin, Ivomec, Moxidectin, Cydectin, Doramectin, Dectomax, Abamectin or Vetmec.
Which active ingredient is best?
Even though some Mectin Drenches have different active ingredients or different features, they are often regarded as having a similar level of effectiveness. If you're new to drenching look for a product that comes with manufacturer support and advice. As worms must be treated quickly, prompt delivery is important.
Keep your livestock healthy withfarming and agriculture equipmentavailable on eBay, buy pour on cattle drench today!