Metaphysical Crystals, Gems and Rocks
Metaphysical crystals, gems and rocks are popular for both their appearance and uses in metaphysical healing. Different precious stones have different properties, such as protection, healing, stress relief and relaxation. They are commonly used in mediation techniques.
What Types of Crystals, Gems and Rocks Are Available?
Many types of healing crystals, gemstones and rocks are available. Here are a few examples and their colours:
- Amethyst: Purple
- Citrine: Yellow
- Selenite: White
- Tourmaline: Various, often green or black
- Aventurine: Green
- Sunstone: Orange
- Lapis Lazuli: Blue
What Styles and Cuts of Crystals, Gems and Rocks Are Available?
- Uncut: These are raw stones, cleaned but not shaped.
- Tumbled: These precious stones have been through a rock tumbler to give them a rounded appearance.
- Shaped: Many different shapes of stone can be bought, such as pyramids or wands.
- Thumb or Palm: Shaped to fit the the palm of a hand, these are also sometimes called worry stones, and can be used for stress relief.
- Gem Tree: A more decorative style, the gem tree is a wire sculpture with many smaller stones forming the leaves of the tree.