Philips Hair Dryers
A hair dryer enables you to achieve dry hair fast, which is particularly useful for those with long hair. The philips dryer range comes in many different sizes and colours, with some models offering a few extra features or attachments that allow you to try advanced styling techniques. Travellers can also benefit from travel hair dryers which are small enough to be taken with you on holidays
What are some important considerations when shopping for a hair dryer?
When shopping for a hairdryer there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Weight: Some Philips dryer models are heavier than others. Depending upon how often you will be using the dryer, you should take this into consideration.
- Wattage: Hair dryers with a higher wattage will consume slightly more power, but they will also provide better air output which will help to dry your hair faster.
- Features: Different models offer different features. Some of these features include the ability to use cold or hot air, add styling attachments, air flow variability and a turbo option. Philips hair dryers with adjustable heat settings are particularly useful for those who want to style their hair in different ways, making use of various temperatures.
What different types of Philips hair dryers are available?
Hair dryers can use one of two different technologies, and they each have their strengths and weaknesses. Some models may even use a combination of both technologies.
- Philips Hair Dryers with Ionic Technology: These hairdryers use negatively charged ions, which are a result of air passing through the electric current. Negatively charged ions help to dry hair faster whilst ensuring that some moisture remains in the hair. This makes styling easier and keeps hair looking healthy. Ionic dryers are a good choice for people that are concerned about heat damage. They are usually the most expensive.
- Philips Ceramic Blow Dryers: These dryers help to ensure an even heat distribution and dry hair more gently. They are suitable for most hair types as they offer effective drying and reduced damage. They do not release as many negative ions as an ionic hair dryers, so they are not as good at frizz control.
What is Philips ThermoProtect and TurboBoost?
Many of the Philips hair dryers feature a technology known as ThermoProtect and/or TurboBoost. This helps to ensure the following:
- Constant Caring Temperature: This helps to ensure that you receive the optimal drying temperature for the current conditions, reducing the chance of overheating your hair.
- Turbo Boost: This allows the user to dry hair quicker by providing a short power boost. This means you do not need to increase temperature in order to achieve dry hair.