Rechargeable Electric Toothbrushes
Rechargeable electric toothbrushes provide an effective and convenient way to clean your teeth, promoting good dental health. Many different manufacturers make electric toothbrushes including Philips Sonicare, Oral-B and Colgate.
Why Choose an Electric Toothbrush?
- Brushing your teeth too gently can fail to clean them while brushing too hard can damage your gums. An electric toothbrush is designed to deliver the right amount of pressure.
- Most people, especially children, dont brush their teeth thoroughly enough or for long enough. An electric toothbrush with a timer will remind you to give your teeth the time they need.
- A power toothbrush takes the manual effort out of brushing your teeth. This makes it a great option for people with limited mobility. Battery-operated toothbrushes usually only vibrate, so they deliver a less thorough cleaning action.
- Moving bristles are great for getting into the hard-to-reach areas that might not get cleaned properly with a regular toothbrush.
What Should I Look For in an Electric Toothbrush?
- A brushing timer will let you know when you have brushed your teeth long enough for thorough cleaning. Some toothbrushes also have pressure sensors to alert you if you are pushing down too hard and potentially damaging your teeth.
- Some electric toothbrushes go further than a sound alarm. More advanced models may feature a screen in the handle or even a remote wireless screen to guide your dental care routine.
- Different electric toothbrushes have different motion patterns, usually either rotating or vibrating from side to side. Dual-head electric toothbrushes combine two moving heads for more thorough cleaning and polishing. Toothbrush heads also vary in size, so choose the one that is most comfortable for you.
- Kids electric toothbrushes are smaller than adult versions and often come in brighter colours and designs. A timer function is especially useful here because kids are often tempted to rush their dental care.
Which Accessories Do I Need for My Toothbrush?
- Battery life varies from model to model but all electric toothbrushes will eventually need to be recharged. An electric toothbrush charger keeps your toothbrush powered up and ready to go.
- Just like regular toothbrushes, electric toothbrush bristles wear down over time. Experts recommend installing a replacement toothbrush head around every three months.