Speedo Girls' Swimwear
For girls looking to compete in swim, Speedo is the brand that has been around for almost a century and provides the kind of design you need to glide through the water effortlessly. Speedo's swimsuit designs are timeless with bright, colourful designs and are tasteful in style with full coverage. They allow girls to feel comfortable and confident not only with their own bodies but in their swimsuit as well.
What are the Styles of Speedo Swimwear Available?
- One piece. A full coverage style swimsuit that is secure and provides support and comfort for any young girl.
- Two piece. There are two styles of girl's swimsuits that Speedo makes as a two-piece. There is a traditional tankini or bikini top. For the bottoms, they have a regular brief style or boy short cut.
- Rashguard. Speedo has a short sleeve and long sleeve rashguard design providing more coverage and protection from the sun.
- Jumpsuit. For competitive swimmers, Speedo makes a jumpsuit that is a regular swimsuit with built in shorts extending to the knees. This provides more coverage and a smooth surface for the water to glide over.
What is the Sizing for These Swimsuits?
- Girls. The sizing for any of Speedo's girl's bathing suits following traditional sizing for most clothing. Sizes 4-6 equate to a small, 6x through an 8 are a medium, sizes 10 to 12 are a large, and 14 to 16 are an extra large.
- Girls Performance Elite. The sizing for Speedo's performance line is a bit different and ranges in sizes from 18 to 26, based on measurements taken from a girl's chest, waist and torso.
- Female Performance (Youth). The female youth performance swimsuit line has a slight variation in sizing and is based upon measurements of a girl's chest, waist, hips and torso. The sizing ranges from 18, 4/20, 6/22, 8/24, 10/26, and 12/28.
What are the Features of a Speedo Swimsuit?
- Lycra Xtra Life. This specialised fibre is not only chemical but sun resistant too, so this ensures that your little one's swimsuit lasts and doesn't wear down from constant use and swimming in the pool as well as exposure and fading because of the sun. Speedo's Lycra technology is top notch and rated well among competitive swimmers.
- Racing technology. Speedo's competitive swimwear has innovative technology to aid in the pool and help your girl swim her best. The designs and technology for these swimsuits allow your child to glide quickly through the water reducing drag time.