Toyota Car and Truck Wheel Hubs and Bearings
When upgrading your vehicle’s suspension, wheel hubs and bearings should not be forgotten. These small car or truck parts play a vital role in supporting the vehicle’s weight and enabling rotation of the wheels. You can choose whatever suits your Toyota car or truck from the wide range available. Other Toyota suspension parts that work well with these car parts can also be found.
When is it time to replace your Toyota car or truck wheel hubs and bearings?
These Toyota parts wear out differently for different vehicles but the following signs should tell you something:
- Knocking, clicking, snapping or popping noise due to excessive play of the bearing
- Grinding when the car or truck is moving
- Vibration or wobbling of your wheel
- Loose feeling steering
- ABS failure
- Abnormal or uneven wearing of the tires
What are the types of Toyota car and truck wheel hubs and bearings?
The two common types of the wheel hub assembly feature ball bearings or tapered roller bearings.
- Tapered roller bearings. These bearings support both radial and thrust/axial loads. They are used for moderate speed and where heavy-duty application is required.
- Ball bearings. This type of wheel bearing makes use of hardened ball bearings. They works to support radial and thrust loads in smaller amounts of weight.
What are the Toyota car and truck wheel hubs and bearings positions?
The hubs and bearings designed for front, rear, right and left placements are all available so you can always find whichever fit is required for your car. You can also purchase a whole kit that caters for all positions.