Universal Laptop Power Adapters
Universal power adapters for laptops offer a great degree of flexibility, and the freedom to charge your laptop without having the specific charger for it. They are useful as backup or travel accessories, and are also handy for those households with multiple laptops of differing brands.
How Do Universal Laptop Power Adapters Work?
Much like a standard charger, a universal adapter generally comes with a variety of options to make sure your laptop and charger will be compatible.
- Some chargers come with multiple and interchangeable plug tips so you can use the same charger for more than one laptop, even if they are different brands, by simply switching out the connector.
- Most are available to support computers from the 100-240V input range, meaning that it doesn't matter which country you're in or in which you purchased your laptop, you won't have any issues with the power surging or blowing as the chargers can handle it.
- You can search for a multi-laptop compatible adapter or an unbranded universal laptop AC and DC adapter to be compatible for your specific brand of computer.
How Can I Use a Universal Laptop Power Adapter?
Power adapters are useful as a spare, as an affordable option when travelling or in situations where it's practical to have only one charger for multiple computers.
- Universal car laptop adapters and chargers allow you to boost up your laptop whilst on the road without the need for mains power—perfect for in between meetings, or even while travelling or camping.
- The cost to replace branded chargers can be expensive. Universal adapters are affordable as a backup option, especially if you are on the go a lot and constantly winding and unwinding power cables.