Save on Wi-fi Extenders
- TP-Link TL-WPA4220 300MBPS AV500 Wi-Fi ExtenderAU $64.00Trending at AU $74.93
- New Netgear - EX6100 - AC750 WiFi Range Extender from Bing LeeAU $108.00Trending at AU $118.88
- TP-LINK RE210 AC750 Universal Wi-FI Range Extender Booster Gigabit Ethernet UKAU $58.19Trending at AU $74.82
- Wifi Extender Range Router Repeater Signal Booster Wireless 300 Mbps N 802.11 APAU $12.89Trending at AU $19.96
- TP-LINK 300Mbps USB Wi-Fi Range Extender TL-WA820REAU $29.70Trending at AU $33.69
- NETGEAR Nighthawk X4 EX7300 Wireless Range ExtenderAU $234.00 New
- TP-LINK Ac1750 Network Repeater WhiteAU $119.00 New
- NETGEAR EX6150 Ac1200 Dual Band Range WiFi ExtenderAU $125.25 New
- NETGEAR EX2700 N300 Wireless Range ExtenderAU $52.69 New
- NETGEAR EX6200 Dual Band Ac1200 WiFi Range Extender100% agree - Would recommendAU $189.00 NewAU $70.00 Used
- NETGEAR EX6100 AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender Wireless Gigabit Booster91% agree - Would recommendAU $108.00 NewAU $45.00 Used
Hot This Week
- AU G 300Mbps Wireless N 802.11 Wifi Repeater AP Range Router Extender BoosterAU $20.6856 sold
- Netgear EX3700 AC750 750Mbps Dual Band Wireless Range Extender WiFi BoosterAU $79.0030 sold
- NETGEAR WN3000RP V1 N600 WiFi Range Extender Wireless Expander Booster RepeaterAU $35.9826 sold
- 300Mbps Wireless N 802.11 Wifi Repeater AP Range Router Network Extender BoosterAU $18.3425 sold
- Netgear EX6100 AC750 750Mbps Dual Band Wireless Range Extender WiFi Booster AUSAU $57.7824 sold
- Netgear EX2700 N300 300Mbps 2.4Ghz Wireless Range Extender WiFi BoosterAU $53.0013 sold
- Belkin Dual Band 2.4/5GHz WiFi Wireless Range Extender Repeater Router F9K1122AU $28.6812 sold
- Netgear EX3700 AC750 Dual Band Universal WiFi Range ExtenderAU $74.0011 sold
- Netgear EX6200 AC1200 Dual Band 2.4GHz & 5GHz Gigabit Wifi Range ExtenderAU $229.95Was: Previous priceAU $259.00
- COMFAST 300Mbps Wireless Repeater Network WiFi Signal Range Extender Booster NEWAU $22.75
- 300Mbps Wireless N 802.11 Wifi Repeater AP Range Router Network Extender BoosterAU $18.34
- New Netgear EX7000 Nighthawk Wi-Fi Range Extender AC1900 Dual Band GigabitAU $279.00
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You may also like
Make an Offer
- Netgear EX3700 AC750 Dual Band Universal WiFi Range ExtenderAU $74.00Free postageMake Offer
- Netgear EX6200 AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range ExtenderAU $189.00Free postageMake Offer
- D-Link DAP-1520 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Range ExtenderAU $87.00Free postageMake Offer
- Netgear EX6100 AC750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range ExtenderAU $117.00Free postageMake Offer
- TP-Link RE650 AC2600 2600Mbps Dual Band Wireless Range Extender WiFi BoosterAU $199.00Free postageMake Offer
- TP-LINK AP300 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Access Point WiFi RepeaterAU $99.00+AU $10.00 postageMake Offer
- D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Range Extender DAP-1650AU $80.00+AU $15.00 postageMake Offer
- NETGEAR EX6100 AC750 Dual Band Universal WiFi Range EXTENDERAU $120.00Free postageMake Offer
Why Use a Wi-Fi Extender?
When you install Wi-Fi in your home or office, it is generally to extend your mobility. However, as you move further away from the router, you will enter dead zones where you receive a very weak signal or no signal at all. Additionally, some devices and appliances and even walls can interfere with the signal creating even more dead zones. Wi-Fi extenders can be used to easily boost the signal in areas that were otherwise unusable. They are great for tucked away rooms or outdoor areas.
Wi-Fi Extender Compatibility
Wi-Fi standards vary so you should check which standard is supported by your router before buying an extender. Sometimes it is best to replace and upgrade the router before purchasing an extender. For the same reason, you also need to check the maximum speed that your router can support, because your extender can only emit a mirror of the signal it receives. In other words, even if your extender supports a faster speed than your current router, you will still only receive the same speed that the router emits.
Wi-Fi Extender Band Range vs. Speed
If you own an N standard router, you can consider 802.11n Wi-Fi extenders. They offer dual band support and are popular with a 2.4GHz band and 5GHz band, so if you have a dual band router you can get an extender to match. The 2.4GHz band is known for its long range, but 5 GHz Wi-Fi extenders can accommodate faster speeds. However, single band routers are generally more economical.
Installing Your Wi-Fi Extender
When installing boosters, extenders, and antennas, you only need to allocate a few minutes for this task after you have selected a location. It is recommended to install the extender in the middle of the distance between the dead zone and the router. This way, it can both receive and send a strong signal to the area. You can easily set up a connection once you know the router’s SSID and password, which you can sometimes locate at the bottom of the router. However, if your extender offers Wi-Fi Protected Setup, you only need to press a button on each device and they will connect automatically.