If you need to change any of your details, such as your name, address or email address, you can do it in My eBay - opens in new window or tab. Here's how:
- Go to the Account - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay.
- Select Personal information.
- Find the section you need to update, and select Edit.
- Enter your new details.
- Depending on what you're updating, you'll be prompted to Save, Submit or Confirm.
If you need to update your date of birth, please contact us.Update personal information - opens in new window or tab
If you're changing the name on your eBay account, keep in mind that in order to receive your payouts, it needs to be the same as the name on your registered bank account.
How to share your phone number with buyers
If you're a seller, you can opt in to make your phone number available to buyers so they can contact you by phone before and/or after they've bought from you. Here's how to opt in:
- Go to Account and select Manage communications with buyers - opens in new window or tab.
- Find Share your phone number. If Yes is showing, you're opted in and buyers can see your phone number. If No is showing, select Edit.
- Select Share your phone number on the Manage your Q&A for buyers page. You can choose to show your number before and after a purchase, or only after a purchase.
- Select Submit to opt in and share your phone number with buyers.
Where to find a seller's phone number
You can find a seller's phone number in the following places on eBay, if they've opted to share their number:
- When you select Contact seller and then Other on the Find answers page, you'll see an option to view the seller's phone number.
- If you continue to the contact form from the Find answers page, you'll see an option to view the seller's phone number at the bottom of the page.
- If you respond to an email from a seller who has shared their number, you'll see an option to view the seller's phone number at the bottom of the page.