Relisting is also possible if the buyer didn't pay, you had to cancel the order, or you had to end the listing early, but in these situations you have to do so manually.
It can take a few hours before you see an item that's been relisted appear on the site.
Automatic relisting on eBay
When you create a listing, the automatic relisting option is pre-selected. If your item doesn't initially sell, we'll automatically relist it up to three times.
If you don't want to relist automatically, unselect Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell when you're reviewing your listing.
For casual, non-business sellers, your initial listing counts towards your monthly free listings allowance, but automatic relisting doesn't. If you're a business seller using Selling Manager, Selling Manager Pro, or Seller Hub, normal insertion fees apply to each automatic relisting.
You'll be charged a final value fee when your item sells.
When you're eligible for automatic relisting, you'll see the option pre-selected in the listing form.
How to remove automatic relisting
You can remove the automatic relist option at any time:
- In Selling Activity, find your item in the Active Selling section. From More actions, select Remove Automatic Relist
- On Seller Hub, find the Active listing. From More actions, select Remove Automatic Relist
Categories excluded from automatic relisting
Items in some categories can’t be relisted automatically, including:
- Business > Businesses for Sale
- Home & Garden > Real Estate
- Tickets, Travel > Flights
- Tickets, Travel > Tickets
- Tickets, Travel > Travel
- Tickets, Travel > Vouchers, Gift Certificates
Manual relisting on eBay
When you want to relist because you've ended a listing early, cancelled an order, or the buyer didn't pay, you have to relist manually.
- In My eBay Selling Activity, find your item in the Active Selling section. From More actions, select Relist
- On Seller Hub, find the Active listing. From More actions, select Relist
When you manually relist an auction-style listing and the item sells during the second listing period, you may be eligible for an insertion fee credit.