All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTagine takes its name both from a Moroccan dish as well as the pot in which the dish is cooked - typically a large and shallow pot with a conical lid. Tagines involve the slow simmering of meats or vegetables along with a medley of herbs and spices, the result being an aromatic and intoxicating combination of taste and texture. This book offers a comprehensive history of traditional Moroccan tagine cooking, including an extensive Tagine Kw-HowA section that answers all possible questions about tagines and cooking with tagines, as well as a North African Flavour FootprintA section that profiles the 20 herbs and spices that give authentic flavour to these dishes. Home cooks can bring Morocco into their kitchens with these tantalizing dishes: - Cinnamon lamb tagine with apricots. - Honey-ginger vegetable tagine. - Beef tagine with figs and walnuts. - Artichoke and shellfish in almond milk. - Minted lemon whitefish. - Saffron shrimp tagine with avocados. - Pomegranate chicken tagine. - Moroccan vegetable tagine. - Fiery beef tagine with vegetables. To round off the Moroccan experience of the meal, Pat Crocker also includes recipes for dips, sauces and authentic souk specialties (typical street foods sold in markets), salads and sides as well as the traditional beverages and sweets. With authentic yet easy-to-prepare recipes that will please both meat eaters and vegetarians, home cooks can create a true North African taste odyssey.
- Author BiographyPat Crocker is an international award-winning cookery book author, culinary herbalist and professional home economist.
- Author(s)Pat Crocker
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content Note16 colour photos
- Weight440 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.