All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe EYFS asks that practitioners plan opportunities for active exploration and play that lead to the use of creative and critical thinking skills. In order to be able to create and think critically, children should be encouraged to use their imaginations and act automously. Practitioners need to have the confidence to step back and allow the children to take the lead. This involves setting up open-ended learning opportunities that get children asking questions, investigating possibilities, looking for solutions, making decisions and coming up with creative ideas. What's more, it means tapping into the realm of childhood fantasy and appealing to their sense of adventure. Working in this way presents all kind of possibilities for exciting and stimulating learning experiences that will surprise and excite both children and practitioners. This book is resource bank full of inventive ideas for early years practitioners who want to fire young children's imaginations and get them talking and thinking. Part of the highly successful 50 Fantastic series including 50 Fantastic ideas for teaching phonics, 50 Fantastic ideas for maths outdoors and 50 Fantastic ideas for squidgy stuff. Full range available at Bloomsbury.com
- Author BiographyMarianne Sargent is a writer specialising in early education. She is a qualified teacher and has taught in both reception and nursery classes in maintained schools in Jersey and England. Marianne also holds an MA in Early Years Education and has worked as a university lecturer in primary and early years education. She has written books for Featherstone Education and Practical Pre-School, as well as regular articles for Nursery World and Early Years Educator.
- Author(s)Marianne Sargent
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series Title50 Fantastic Ideas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education
- Weight202 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.