Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book about practical powerboat driving in boats large and small, operating at speeds between 20 and 100 kts. It is about techniques that can only be picked up from experience - practical ways to make your driving safer, easier and better, whatever the conditions. This book starts where most other books finish. You may have learnt the important basics of powerboat driving, but w it's time to see how to translate these basics into practical handling techniques that you can use to give a better ride and have a smoother passage. With the help of this book, readers will pick up expert tips such as Handling a fast boat in waves and head seas Matching response times to sea conditions Using the throttle to affect trim 50 Ways to Improve Your Powerboat Driving distils Dag Pike's experience gained from over 50 years of driving a whole range of craft from high-speed powerboats and lifeboats to ships. Written by one of the most experienced powerboat drivers in the world, it is your passport to practical handling techniques that will get you safely to your destination whether in fine weather or foul.
- Author BiographyDag Pike is a well-known nautical journalist and author, spanning both sailing and motorboating and with an international reach. He was the navigator aboard Richard Branson's Virgin Atlantic Challenger first when it sank, and again when it succeeded in breaking the Atlantic speed record. He is the author of several books and many articles for leading nautical magazines.
- Author(s)Dag Pike
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/03/2008
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Series Title50 Ways to Improve Your
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Out-of-print date23/11/2016
- Content NoteColour photos and diagrams
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dag Pike
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.