All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter university and Sandhurst, Charles Thoroughgood has w joined the Assault Commados and is on a four-month tour of duty in Armagh and Belfast. The thankless task facing him and his men -- to patrol the tension-filled streets through weeks of boredom punctuated by bursts of horror -- takes them through times of tragedy, madness, laughter and terror. Alan Judd tells Thoroughgood's tale with verve, compassion and humour. The result is an exceptionally fine vel which blends bitter human incident with army farce.
- Author BiographyAlan Judd is a novelist and biographer who has previously served in the army and the Foreign Office. Chosen as one of the original twenty Best Young British Novelists, he subsequently won the Royal Society of Literature's Winifred Holtby Award, the Heinemann Award and the Guardian Fiction Award; he was also shortlisted for the Westminster Prize. He is currently the Spectator's motoring correspondent and a comment writer for the Daily Telegraph. He lives in Sussex with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Alan Judd
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Weight328 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine1 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.46Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.