All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the latest vel in C.W. Reed's acclaimed saga of the Wright family, and the sequel to A Lesser Peace. Following the death of his mother, May, news of his wife Jenny's second pregnancy reaffirms John Wright's faith. But Jenny, alienated from that faith, remains in England for the birth, while John returns to his work in East Africa. And John's brother, Teddy, trapped in his own marriage to the depressive Marian, turns to Jenny for solace, their brief relationship bringing both guilt and much-needed tenderness. Meanwhile, National Serviceman Michael Porter renews his childhood friendship with Edwina, Teddy and Marian's daughter. Michael is posted to Kenya, and is drawn into the horrors and atrocities of the Mau Mau Uprising. As tensions rise, Jenny and Teddy must re-examine their marriages, and Michael and Edwina pledge a new beginning.
- Author BiographyAfter graduating from Durham University, Colin Reed spent some time in the Royal Navy before embarking on a career in teaching. After a variety of teaching positions in the Middle East and East Africa, he returned to the UK, where he taught English at a comprehensive school. Married with children and grandchildren, he now lives in Whitby. This is the fifth novel in Colin's acclaimed saga.
- Author(s)C. W. Reed
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/02/2007
- Weight560 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.