All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBehaviour management in the classroom can be one of the most challenging aspects of teaching, but with the right approach it can be rewarding and enriching for both student and teacher. A Comprehensive Guide to Classroom Management provides a systematic overview of the major theories and styles of discipline in schools. Drawing on the latest international research, Porter outlines how teachers can develop a personal style in classroom management based on a sound understanding of theory. The emphasis is on proactive, authoritative approaches to discipline to engage students and facilitate the achievement of educational and social goals. Porter demonstrates how it is within the power of schools and teachers to create the conditions under which even disadvantaged or disenchanted students strive to learn. A Comprehensive Guide to Classroom Management is the essential handbook for preservice teachers and a valuable reference for more experienced teachers who want to develop their approach to complex behavioural challenges.
- Author BiographyLouise Porter is the author of Student Behaviour, Gifted Young Children, and Teacher-Parent Collaboration.
- Author(s)Louise Porter
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width171 mm
- Height230 mm
- Interest AgeFrom
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.