Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a completely revised and reset edition of the best-selling A Concordance to the Greek Testament edited by W. F. Moulton and A. S. Geden. Originally published in 1897, it has remained in print ever since. It is beyond any doubt the most useful basic tool available for the student of the New Testament. The original edition was primarily based on the Greek text of Westcott and Hort, but gave all the variants in the edition of Tischendorf and in the Greek text underlying the Revised Version of the English Bible; quotations are given with grammatical completeness as far as possible; a significant feature is the inclusion of the Hebrew text of direct quotations from the Old Testament; asterisks and daggers indicate whether the vocabulary items in the New Testament are found in Classical Greek and in the Septuagint.This new edition retains all the features of the earlier editions, but it is primarily based on the Greek text in The Greek New Testament (4th edition), which is identical with that in Novum Testamentum Graece (27th edition), currently the two most widely used editions of the Greek New Testament; it incorporates the main marginal readings in the former of these texts; references to the variants in the older editions are preserved, so that the student has to hand every reading which by even a remote probability might be regarded as forming part of the true text of the New Testament. The Supplement incorporating the prepositions has been included in the main text of the Concordance. Where the same word occurs twice in the same verse, these occurrences are w printed on separate lines and individually verse-numbered so that it is easier to count the number of occurrences of any given word. Special new Greek fonts have been created to enable great clarity in the printing.
- Author(s)Alfred Shenington Geden,Harold Keeling Moulton,William Fiddian Moulton,etc.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/1978
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1950 g
- Width160 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine65 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.