All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParis, 1939: the pavement rumbles with the footfall of marching Nazi soldiers along the Champs-Elysees. A young writer, recently arrived from Ireland to make his mark, smokes a last cigarette with his lover before the city they kw is torn apart. As war takes hold, he will put his own life and that of his loved ones in mortal danger by joining the Resistance...With a tale of spies and artists, deprivation, danger and passion, this is a story of life at the edges of human experience, and how one man came to translate it all into art.
- Author BiographyJo Baker was educated at Oxford and Queen's University, Belfast. She lives in Lancaster with her husband and their two children. She is the author of the bestselling LONGBOURN, which is due to be made into a film. Her latest novel is inspired by the life of Samuel Beckett.
- Author(s)Jo Baker
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight442 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.