All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Dawkins is one of the finest minds in science, and in this superb collection of essays and letters, he demonstrates the depth of his kwledge and the rich variety of his interests. Whether he is examining postmodernism or the Human Geme Project, penning a letter to his daughter, or writing a moving eulogy to Douglas Adams and e-mailing Stephen Jay Gould, Dawkins writes with an intellectual vigour and grace that is second to ne. This is a very human collection that shows t only the acuity of Dawkins' scientific mind, but also his sense of humour and the warmth of his relationships with friends and family.
- Author BiographyRichard Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist renowned throughout the world. He was educated at Oxford and taught zoology before becoming the first holder of the Charles Simonyi Chair of the Public Understanding of Science at Oxford University, in 1995. His previous books rank among the most influential intellectual works of our time. They include THE SELFISH GENE (1976), RIVER OUT OF EDEN (1995), and UNWEAVING THE RAINBOW (1999).
- Author(s)Richard Dawkins
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication08/01/2004
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Notefacsims.
- Weight232 g
- Width133 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.