All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis Dictionary is designed to increase awareness of Bible origins, introduce readers to the variety of versions and manuscripts that lie behind the familiar English translation(s). It also provides, in alphabetical order, 'student notes' on texts, versions, manuscripts, persons, places and terminology, covering the origins of the Hebrew Bible, the New Testament and the English Bible, including recent translations. Generally, this book will facilitate a more intelligent understanding of the Bible among lay people by removing some of the mystique and prejudices associated with it. Entries are factual, not evaluative, and reflect contemporary biblical scholarship. This is a handy reference tool for anyone at all interested in the Bible.
- Author BiographyAlec Gilmore is a Baptist minister in the UK with a lifetime's experience in pastoral work, lay training and adult education. His most recent books are Preaching as Theatre (SCM), Aid Matters (SCM) and A Dictionary of Bible Origins (SAP/Continuum).
- Author(s)Alec Gilmore
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2000
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleBiblical Seminar S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 67
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheffield Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.