All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionSir Cyril Taylor has been at the heart of English education for over two decades, serving as an adviser to ten successive UK Education Secretaries and Four Prime Ministers, both Conservative and Labour, including Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair. His passion for education has led directly to real school improvement, from the creation of City Techlogy Colleges to specialist schools and academies, which together w constitute over nine in ten secondary schools in England. The Specialist Schools and Academies Trust, the body he founded, is w a leading force in school improvement worldwide. A Good School for Every Child draws on that wealth of experience. While offering an insider's look at some of the key challenges in education, it is also an invaluable guide for parents and teachers interested in how our schools work today. There is a particular focus on how to raise standards in low attaining schools, improving levels of literacy and numeracy and teaching our children the skills they need for the 21st Century. This book is also a clarion call to our political leaders about the challenges that still remain: the education of children in care, the failure to stretch able youngsters and the problems recruiting eugh good science teachers. Education is more open today than ever before, with league tables and inspection reports. Yet for many outsiders, it can seem a world clouded by its own language and rituals. Cyril Taylor opens the door to that world, through stories of inspirational headteachers and successful schools. By doing so he offers a vision that is both instructive and inspirational, one that shows how schools working with parents and the wider community can raise the standards of achievement for all their pupils.
- Author BiographySir Cyril Taylor has served as an adviser to ten successive UK Education Secretaries and Four Prime Ministers, both Conservative and Labour, from Margaret Thatcher to Gordon Brown, on first the City Technology colleges, then the Specialist Schools, and subsequently on the Specialist Schools and Academies programme from 1987 to 2007.
- Author(s)Christine Walter,Jane Ware,Sir Cyril Taylor
- PublisherDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Note22 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byDavid Blunkett,Lord Kenneth Baker
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.