Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionLos Angeles is a city which has long thrived on the continual re-creation of its own myth. In this extraordinary work, Norman Klein examines the process of memory erasure in LA. Using a provocative mixture of fact and fiction, the book takes us on an anti-tour of downtown LA, examines life for Vietnamese immigrants in the City of Dreams, imagines Walter Benjamin as a Los Angele, and finally looks at the way information techlogy has recreated the city, turning cyberspace into the last suburb. In this new edition, Norman Klein explores the evolution of the Lati majority, how the Pacific ecomy is changing the structure of urban life, the impact of collapsing infrastructure in the city, and the restructuring of those very districts that had been forgotten .
- Author BiographyNorman M. Klein is a critic and historian of mass culture, editor of Fragile Moments: A History of Media-Induced Experience, and author of Seven Minutes: The Life and Death of the American Animated Cartoon from Verso. He teaches at the California Institute of the Arts in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Norman Klein
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication12/08/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.