All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionA History of the New Mathematics Movement and its Relationship with Current Mathematical Reform provides a history of the new mathematics movement of the 1950s, 1960s, and early 1970s in the United States and relates it to current mathematics curricular reform. The history of the new math education movement is explained in terms of the general curriculum in schools, the mathematics curriculum, the teaching standards, and the pedagogical techniques used. A complete analysis of the history of the new math movement was accomplished by separately investigating major and mir new math projects. In conjunction, the aftermath of the new math movement is explained providing suggestions as to why this movement is often seen as having failed. A short history of reform from the 1970s to the present is provided. Finally, the book compares the new mathematics movement with the current mathematics reform movement led by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Author BiographyAngela Lynn Evans Walmsley is Assistant Professor in the Department of Research Methodology at Saint Louis University. Previously, she was a middle school and high school mathematics teacher. She holds a bachelor's degree in mathematics, a master's degree in mathematics education, and a doctoral degree in curriculum and instruction. Her interests include mathematics education, pre-service teacher education, and educational research.
- Author(s)Angela Lynn Evans Walmsley
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication12/03/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width143 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.