All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a mathematical introduction to the theory of orthogonal wavelets and their uses in analysing functions and function spaces, both in one and in several variables. Starting with a detailed and self contained discussion of the general construction of one dimensional wavelets from multiresolution analysis, the book presents in detail the most important wavelets: spline wavelets, Meyer's wavelets and wavelets with compact support. It then moves to the corresponding multivariable theory and gives genuine multivariable examples. Wavelet decompositions in Lp spaces, Hardy spaces and Besov spaces are discussed and wavelet characterisations of those spaces are provided. Also included are some additional topics like periodic wavelets or wavelets t associated with a multiresolution analysis. This will be an invaluable book for those wishing to learn about the mathematical foundations of wavelets.
- Author(s)P. Wojtaszczyk
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/02/1997
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Student Texts
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.37
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus.
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byJ. Bruce
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.