All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis gorgeously illustrated book celebrates the recent generous gift of William Trost Richards' watercolors to Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, and is concurrent with the exhibition A Mine of Beauty: Landscapes by William Trost Richards. The show is also on view at Newport Art Museum in Newport, Rhode Island in the summer and fall of 2012. Scenes ranging from muted and serene to light infused and color saturated, Richards' watercolors and oil paintings brilliantly capture the very essence of nature. Images are reproduced on a one-to-one scale, providing a lavish study of this pre-Raphaelite artist's work. Two prefaces and an essay by leading experts in the art historical field further expand on the history of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Philadelphia landscape painting in general and William Trost Richards specifically.
- Author BiographyLinda S. Ferber is Vice President and Senior Art Historian, New-York Historical Society.
- Author(s)Anna O. Marley,David Brighan,Linda S. Ferber
- PublisherHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note115 Colour
- Weight930 g
- Width210 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.