All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.66Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- Description<b>An indefatigable, irresistible, and wildly inappropriate Jewish mother takes her 17-year-old son to school in this uproarious coming-of-age comedy</b> Tall and scattered-looking, Joseph has just graduated from high school and is ready for college. But is college ready for<i>him</i>? Apparently t, judging by the rejection letter he receives from Bates and the deafening silence that greets his application to Columbia. While his friends pack their bags for schools across the country, Joseph mopes around the apartment in his bathrobe and checks the mailbox obsessively. It s eugh to make his mother fear for the boy s sanity so she resolves to take matters into her own hands. What follows is a sidesplitting series of misadventures as Meg, whom the<i>New York Times Book Review</i>called the most unforgettable mother since Medea, pulls out all the stops to get her boy what he wants. This ebook features an illustrated biography of Bruce Jay Friedman including rare photos from the author s personal collection.
- Author BiographyBruce Jay Friedman lives in New York City. A novelist, short story writer, playwright, memoirist, and screenwriter, he is the author of nineteen books, including<i>Stern</i>(1962), <i>A Mother s Kisses</i>(1964), <i>The Lonely Guy s Book of Life</i>(1978), and<i>Lucky Bruce: A Literary Memoir</i>(2011). His best-known works of stage and screen include the off-Broadway hit<i>Steambath</i>(1970) and the screenplays for<i>Stir Crazy</i>(1980) and<i>Splash</i>(1984), the latter of which received an Academy Award nomination. As editor of the anthology<i>Black Humor</i>(1965), Friedman helped popularize the distinctive literary style of that name in the United States and is widely regarded as one of its finest practitioners. According to the<i>New York Times</i>, his prose is a pure pleasure machine.
- Author(s)Bruce Jay Friedman
- PublisherOpen Road Media
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.