All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
About this product
- DescriptionFor five heart-churning days, the world turns its attention to tiny Pridemore, Missouri, where rescue teams work around the clock to free a mentally challenged man from a collapsed cave. That's how Mayor Roe Tolliver envisions it, anyway. Weary of watching the town he's led for more than forty years slide into ecomic oblivion, the mayor hatches a devious and dangerous plan. Over the course of a year, the mayor and his cronies carry out the convoluted scheme, which involves everything from bilking state money for a bogus tourist attraction to hiring a militia ballistics consultant to detonate the limestone cavern. Their success hinges on unassuming pawn Digby Willard, whose simple-minded likeability provides human interest in the made-for-television crisis. Get ready for a fast-paced romp filled with quirky characters, hilarious twists and turns, and a small town that just might get its fifteen minutes of fame.
- Author Biography<strong>Stephen Roth</strong> worked twelve years as a reporter covering politicians, business figures, and local eccentrics for newspapers in Missouri and Florida. Born in LaGrange, Georgia, he currently lives in Kansas City, Missouri, with his wife, son, and dog. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)Stephen Roth
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.