All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionSediments are the most valuable form of physical evidence for past Earth surface processes. They have the potential to build up an archive of events and provide a window into the past. Through careful examination of sediments the shifting patterns of surface processes across space and time are revealed, allowing us to reconstruct past environments and environmental change. A Practical Guide to the Study of Glacial Sediments is a guide to the standard techniques employed to read the sedimentary record of former glaciers and ice sheets. It demonstrates that the often complex and fragmentary glacial sedimentary record can, when examined systematically and rationally, provide detailed insights into former environments and climates in places where other evidence is available. The complementary techniques covered in this book include: facies description, grain size analysis, clast form assessment, clast macrofabric analysis, micromorphology, particle lithology and assessment of engineering properties. They yield consistent and meaningful results in a range of glacial depositional environments throughout the world, from the high Arctic to the Himalayas. A Practical Guide to the Study of Glacial Sediments provides students and researchers with a clear and accessible guide to recording and interpreting glacial successions wherever the location.
- Author BiographyDouglas I. Benn is a Reader in the School of Geography and Geosciences at the University of St Andrews in Fife, Scotland. David J.A. Evans is a Reader in the Department of Geography and Geomatics, in the Centre for Geosciences at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. He is the editor of the textbook Glacial Landsystems (Arnold, 2004). The authors previously collaborated on the best selling textbook Glaciers and Glaciation (Arnold, 1998).
- Author(s)David Evans,Douglas Benn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2004
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Arnold
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.