All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up the son of self-employed rural traders in a small village in the Pondoland district of Libode, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa, Khwezi V. Tiya lived his youth in apartheid South Africa without electricity, modern sanitation, or color television. He helped his father tend to the flock, took care of his responsibilities to house and home, and learned the lessons his parents taught him. He was t considered an exceptional person by any stretch of the imagination. This ordinary young boy from the grazing lands of the Eastern Cape, however, would go on to accomplish what many perceive as quite extraordinary. Khwezi's parents provided a well-balanced environment full of lessons and kwledge that prepared him for the rest of his life. And while t wealthy, they were able to supply their son with the opportunities he needed-Khwezi provided the rest. Going on to develop his career to senior levels of management and to study and work internationally, the author w reflects on the different ways lessons are experienced, assimilated, and used to build a life of success and fulfillment. A deeply moving exploration of the profound effect his parents had on his life, Khwezi's inspiring tale of progress as told through biographical lessons provides insight on how simplicity can indeed be the breeding ground of a remarkable life journey. A mentor to many, he uses the truths he gleaned during his youth to both pay tribute to his parents and to motivate other parents to inspire their own children, and for the youth to realize their dreams. A moving, thought provoking self-help guide full of fundamental tips for enhanced personal growth, A Rural Boy's Tale of Progress: Life Lessons from My Parents is a go-to primer for anyone interested in searching out the roots of happiness and success.
- Author BiographyKhwezi V. Tiya works as an executive for a major African financial services firm headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa. He was born and grew up in a small rural village in South Africa. Khwezi started his career as an engineer and later became an executive for a state-owned industrial development agency in South Africa. His study and work experience have provided him with valuable international exposure. In this time, he has seen his career evolve from the professional base of engineering to practicing the science of management, and now seeking to master the art of leadership. He holds a degree in civil engineering from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, and master's degrees in business administration from Nyenrode Business Universiteit, The Netherlands, and financial management from the University of London, United Kingdom. He has also completed the advanced management program at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, United States. Mentoring and inspiring young people are his overriding passions. He is passionate about education and its role in the advancement of society. Khwezi sees his life journey as one that provides interesting perspectives on the role of parental guidance, endurance, dealing with adversity, resilience and having an optimistic outlook on life. Khwezi currently lives in Johannesburg, South Africa, with his family. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Khwezi V Tiya
- Date of Publication11/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.