Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of Ben David, a young man who was a very gifted athlete in high school. In 1959 he signs a professional baseball contract with the Cincinnati Reds, as a catcher, and is sent to play in the mir leagues after high school. He is expected to be a major league ballplayer by all who saw him play, including two of his teammates who share his playing adventures in the mirs. However, early in his career misfortune occurs and he has to give up baseball. Several years later as a 65 year old man fate gives him and his old teammates a second chance. Ben David has become an expert in the field of sportsmedicine. Through his genius and research he has developed amazing techlogy that allows a remarkable comeback which changes the way baseball and other sports will be played in the future. It gives all of us who are aging athletes and still love sports hope for a second chance.
- Author BiographyDr. Barry Mink, board certified in internal medicine and sportsmedicine, has practiced in Aspen Colorado for over 36 years. He is a fellow of both the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American College of Sportsmedicine. He was the chief medical officer for Biathlon at the 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympics, and team physician, internist, for the United States team at the 1994 Lillehammer Winter Olympics. He is a master cross country skier and runner, and did play professional baseball for the Cincinnati Reds after high school. He lives with his wife Peggy in Aspen. He has three daughters and four grandchildren.
- Author(s)Barry Mink M D
- PublisherBarry Mink
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarry Mink
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.