All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this special volume is to document, both in pictures and in words, a history of the Triadelphia District of Logan County, West Virginia, covering the era from the late-1800s through the 1950s. This region of southern West Virginia grew rapidly due to the great demand for coal and timber by various industries in the early-1900s, including the railroad. Most of the photographs in this book depict actual mines, tipples, coal camps, churches, and schools-as well as a sample of some of the people from this area-that were important parts of the structure of the evolving coal mining and transportation industries in this proud region of the county. It is hoped that this pictorial history, A Step Back in Time, will provide younger generations living in Appalachia, as well as visitors to the area, a powerful picture of what life was once like during the period; and that this book and its images be your starting point to researching the full history of the region, for the Triadelphia District of Logan County, West Virginia, remains a growing, scenic, and important part of the Mountain State.
- PublisherWoodland Press, LLC
- Date of Publication04/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWoodland Press, LLC
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.