All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionA Story of Her Own reviews and evaluates existing psychoanalytic theories about the 'female oedipal complex,' from early theories by Freud to contemporary writings from many theoretical frameworks. Important aspects of the female triangular complex are examined in detail: entry into the triangular phase; dynamics and conflicts of the phase, such as separation from mother, sexuality, competition, and typical defenses; guilt and superego; and the role of the female body. Specific treatment issues related to these experiences are addressed, including gender-related transferences and countertransferences.
- Author BiographyNancy Kulish, Ph.D. is an associate professor in the department of psychiatry, school of medicine at Wayne State University, and adjunct professor of psychology at the University of Detroit. Dr. Kulish is in private practice in Birmingham, Michigan. Deanna Holtzman, Ph.D. is a training and supervising analyst and past president of the Michigan Psychoanalytic Institute. Dr. Holzman is associate professor in the department of psychiatry, School of Medicine at Wayne State University.
- Author(s)Deanna Holtzman,Nancy Kulish
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight335 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.