All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionA Student Grammar of German is an invaluable reference guide for undergraduates and other intermediate and advanced students. Written with the needs of the learner very much in mind, it sets out the grammar of the language in a clear and jargon-free way. Each chapter starts with an overview of the main grammatical termilogy and concepts; these terms are also cross-referenced in the glossary at the end of the book. To provide a visual guide through each chapter, the main points in each section are highlighted, and tables summarise important patterns. 'Tip' boxes, which help the student to master particular points, are scattered through the text. Every point has numerous illustrative examples, each with its translation, carefully chosen from a wide range of printed and electronic media - books, newspapers, magazines, film and chat-rooms - to reflect contemporary usage across a range of registers.
- Author BiographyPaul Stocker has over thirty years' experience in teaching German. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is currently head of Modern Languages at Uppingham School, many of whose alumni continue with their study of German at university level. He has written numerous books for A-Level students and others including German for Edexcel (co-authored, 2008), Wort fur Wort, 5th edition (2010), and several titles for the Teach Yourself series.
- Author(s)Christopher Young,Paul Stocker
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.