All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $68.03Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis treatise offers a systematic argument for implementing significant structural changes to traditional American secondary education. It posits that the existing education system does t serve the needs of up to eighty percent of public high school students and that the principles of competition, standardization, and efficiency, which currently drive the system, serve to create a student academic hierarchy from which the top 20%-30% of four-year college applicants are drawn. Following a methodical analysis of the existing structure, the treatise examines the effects of the three principles as they shape students' cognitive, social, and emotional development. Thereafter, it discusses general alternative principles for structural change and puts forth a concrete example of a viable alternative education system. The treatise concludes with an assessment that such changes would have upon students, teachers, parents, and administrators within the education community.
- Author BiographyWilliam McDonald is a retired educator with fifteen years of experience in both the traditional education system and charter alternative school system. Over the course of his career, he has been actively involved in implementing change and advocating for innovative thinking to secondary school reform. Currently residing in Reno, Nevada, Mr. McDonald has begun another philosophical work entitled The Myth of Self.
- Author(s)William P McDonald
- Date of Publication05/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byLauri Brenning
- Illustrator(s)Katharine Kilmer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.