All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author: 'My father doesn't feature much in Running with Scissors . And one of the reasons for this is because he didn't feature much in my life. But there's ather reason, too: Our relationship was so complicated, so dark, so confusing and so big, that to tell the story would require a book. So finally, upon the death of my father in 2005, I decided to tell the story I have been most afraid yet most compelled to tell.' This prequel to international hit Running With Scissors tells the story of Augusten's relationship with his tormented father: a man who sent his wife mad and saw his other son run away from home, prior to Augusten going into foster care. It is harrowing, insightful and amusing by turns.
- Author BiographyAugusten Burroughs was born and raised in Western Massachusetts. His first memoir, Running with Scissors remained on the New York Times bestseller list for over four consecutive years and was made into a film in October 2006. He is also the author of Dry (2003), Magical Thinking: True Stories (2004) and Possible Side Effects (2006), and Sellevision (2000) all of which were instant bestsellers both in hardcover and paperback.
- Author(s)Augusten Burroughs
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.