All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionEavan Boland is considered one of the finest and boldest poets of the last half century by Poetry Review. This stunning new collection, A Woman Without a Country, looks at how we construct one ather and how nationhood and history can weave through, reflect, and define the life of an individual. Themes of mother, daughter, and generation echo throughout these extraordinary poems, as they examine how-even without country or settled identity-a legacy of love can endure. From Talking to my Daughter Late at Night We have a tray, a pot of tea, a scone. This is the hour When one thing pours itself into ather: The gable of our house stored in shadow. A spring planet bending ice Into an absolute of light. Your childhood ended years ago. There is No path back to it.
- Author BiographyEavan Boland is the author of more than a dozen volumes of poetry and nonfiction. A professor and the director of the creative writing program at Stanford University, she is the winner of a Lannan Foundation Award. She lives in Stanford, California, and Dublin, Ireland.
- Author(s)Eavan Boland
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight230 g
- Width147 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.