All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $87.24
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $35.88
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.00Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $26.40
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an adventure, a memoir, a love story, and a coming-of-age book for baby boomers. On a whim, the authors move to Palm Beach for one year. What begins as a playful adventure turns into a life-changing event. This wise book shows it is t the stuff we have but how we live our life that is important. In the style of Peter Mayle's A Year in Provence and Frances Mayes' Under the Tuscan Sun, this book shows that sometimes a move to a new location can also mean a move to a new and better place in your life. As the authors' year unfolds, they also provide a finely-painted portrait of Palm Beach, from the mega yachts, mansions, and millionaires to laws that forbid dogs from barking or dictate the height of one's lawn. The authors swap stories with Jimmy Buffett, kick soccer balls with Rod Stewart, and have cocktails with monkeys on a yacht. This remarkable book gives readers the chance to live a fun, adventure-filled year in Palm Beach and to see how one couple came to find out what was most important to them and how they wanted to live the rest of their life.
- Author BiographyPamela Acheson is the author of The Best of the British Virgin Islands and coauthor of both volumes of The Best Romantic Escapes in Florida. She is also a contributor to many editions of Fodor's Travel Guides.
- Author(s)Pamela Acheson,Richard B. Myers
- PublisherTwo Thousand Three Associates,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew Smyrna Beachm, FL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwo Thousand Three Associates,U.S.
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.